[Chicago] [Editor]Python Auto Fill

Atul Varma varmaa at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 16:09:50 CET 2007

Thanks for the comments, Ian.  I didn't see the lightning talk at
PyCon, though from what you described, I wish I did.  Using a
stack-based approach sounds really interesting, I'll have to look into
that (and Oberon).

I agree that Pymacs would definitely make a good lightning talk topic.
 I can give one of those the next time we do lightning talks.  As for
the Pymacs API, it's actually pretty nice and straightforward: you can
just use the "Pymacs.lisp" object to access the entire elisp API,
which is documented here:

  http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/elisp-manual/html_node/index.html

I think the pymdev source file is actually pretty useful as a simple
example of using the Pymacs API, too; the section "Public module
helper functions" contains some basic functionality that wraps the
elisp API in some of the ways you mentioned:

  http://www.toolness.com/pymdev/pymdev.py

I do wish there was an easier way to set up Pymacs, though; and
perhaps a simplified high-level Pythonic wrapper to the elisp API
would be useful, too.

- Atul