[Chicago] XO Sprint requirements?

Chris McAvoy chris.mcavoy at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 21:38:54 CET 2007

On 3/13/07, skip at pobox.com <skip at pobox.com> wrote:
> What are the hardware requirements for the proposed XO Sprint?  I'm a Mac
> user and my only Linux laptop is a very long-in-the-tooth Dell Inspiron
> (450MHz?) running Ubuntu.

AFAIK, you need an x86 machine.  If your Mac is of the Intel variety,
Vmware released a beta for Vmware Fusion, a Vmware server for OSX.  I
just bought a macbook this week, and haven't tried the to use Fusion
yet, so I don't have a specific report.

Part of my justification for buying the Macbook was "I have to help
OLPC change the world."

Which is the cheesiest justification for a hardware purchase...ever.

Chris