[Chicago] importing a website

Clive Elwell clive.elwell at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 15:52:50 CEST 2007

Hi, new to this list

I have a problem. I have just become joint manager of a website, with someone who lives on the other side of the world. To operate jointly, it seems to me we need to be able to import the latest version of our website (assuming the other person has made changes to it recently) onto our respective hard drives.

Then when we have an updated version, we can make our own updates and republish.

So that is the theory, But when I (or the other person) tries to import, what comes in is stripped of navigation and themes.

While importing, the process continually stops with messages like:

the import wizard was unable to save....derived/countries.htmcmp5th choice010_bnr.gif
another user may be editing this file or the file may be checked out under source control.

["countries" is one of the web pages]

We host with GoDaddy

Any suggestions on how to import the website completely intact?

Thanks

Clive