[Chicago] Python Job in the Loop

Richard McNelis rmcnelis at novaalt.com
Thu Mar 29 17:51:26 CEST 2007

I normally don't post to user groups that I don't belong to, but after
reviewing some info about ChiPy, it seemed like a friendly forum - so I
thought I would make an exception.

I am a recruiter, and my #1 client (trading firm in the Loop) has a need
for someone with Python development skills.  My traditional search
methods and postings have come up empty, so I am digging in new places.

This is a FT permanent opportunity in a growing, stable, fast-paced,
cutting-edge, casual environment.  Incredible compensation package,
benefits, and perks galore!  I have pasted the description below.
Although this is a night shift position, it is an opportunity of a
lifetime!  I have worked with this client for 4 years, and EVERY person
I have placed there is still there, is making more money than they ever
have before, and they are happy!

If there is interest in finding out more, please contact me via email or
phone.  At the time of this email (4/29/07), there are absolutely no
candidates being considered yet.

Regards,

Rich McNelis

Sr. Staff Analyst

Innovative Alternatives

847-995-8100 x 26

www.novaalt.com <http://www.novaalt.com/>

  <http://www.novaalt.com/>

Electronic trading firm is seeking an exceptional Operations Engineer to
focus on clearing support.

The individual will be responsible for the interpretation and resolution
of clearing inquires, problems related to discrepancies between various
systems and areas and support of application breakdowns.

Strong communication, analytical and creative skills are a must.
Scripting or development skills required. Prior experience with trading
firms and/or clearing applications is preferred but not required.

Key Responsibilities:

*	Support overnight clearing processes.
*	Ensure information flow between internal and external partners.

Job Requirements:

*	Willing to work a night shift: 10:00pm to 6:00am Monday through
Friday.
*	Proficient in working with SQL Server.
*	Competency in Python.
*	Excellent interpersonal skills required.
*	Strong personal communication skills, including the ability to
explain technical concepts in layman's terms.
*	Must be eligible to work in the United States.

Additional Skills / Attributes:

*	Analytical Mindset.
*	More then 1 year of working experience as an application
developer.
*	Able to manage numerous priorities with ease.
*	Proximity to Chicago Loop area and willing to be on call.