[Chicago] know someone looking for an internship?

Kumar McMillan kumar.mcmillan at gmail.com
Tue May 1 20:20:43 CEST 2007

Dear coders, hackers, professors, and/or students...

We are looking to fill several paid internship positions at the
company I work for, http://leapfrogonline.com/ .  The ideal candidate
should have some programming experience and be enthusiastic about
using open source tools like Python, Django, Ruby, Ruby on Rails,
PostgreSQL, Subversion, etc.  This is a perfect opportunity to start
working *on* a real development team (not as an assistant to one).
Your time will probably be focused on testing/ Quality Assurance
strategies to creatively code your way out of problems that deal with
large amounts of data and high traffic web applications.  We also need
help with maintaining our cluster of build/test machines and
organizing our documentation.

To get familiar with some work we do, here are a couple open source
projects we are involved in:
http://somethingaboutorange.com/mrl/projects/nose/
http://code.google.com/p/fixture/

This would be a 3 month minimum commitment with the potential to go
full-time, but that is flexible.  The work would be onsite in
Evanston, just off the Dempster stop on the purple line.  Send your
resume to techposition at xfer.leapfrogonline.net .

[Please forward or post this message where appropriate.]

thanks,
Kumar McMillan
Senior Software Engineer
Leapfrog Online