[Chicago] Tech Coffee Suggestion: SpamBayes + Roundup = spam-free tracker???

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Wed May 9 18:05:16 CEST 2007

    Pete> You might take a look at akismet (I haven't tried it):
    Pete> http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/akismet/0.1.4

    Pete> "Akismet is a web service for recognising spam comments."

That would just replace one technology I don't understand (Roundup) with two
(Akismet & Roundup), so wouldn't bring me any closer to a solution.  Also,
as I understand it Akismet isn't free for other than personal use.  I
imagine the PSF would be able to cajole the Akismet people into letting us
use it for free, but if I was able to implement something generic (which
could go into Roundup's distribution) that wouldn't help all the other
organizations out there.  SpamBayes is already free.  If a Roundup+SpamBayes
solution is made available the only extra "cost" should be to install SB.

Skip