[Chicago] [OT] Dijit Widgets

Stephen Z sjzabel at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 16:36:42 CET 2007

That is pretty much what we are using over here at Optaros; lots of
prototype/scriptaculous for general things, yui for widgets and yui
grids/font/reset and blueprints for css.

ExtJS is also starting to be put into heavy rotation; while I have not
personally used it, the developers that have speak pretty highly of
it.

The others that I would add to the list are Mootools and jQuery. I
personally try to sneak Mootool in if the site does need a lot of
scriptaculous like effects. I don't have a lot of experience with
jQuery, but I know that it is what the Drupal community uses in most
of their plugins and most developers that have used it say that it is
pretty convenient. From personal experience jQuery is only library
that allows a convenient way to rename its $() notation so that it can
be used in conjunction with Prototype or Mootools.

I have used most of these libraries in Django projects with much
success :) While there is nothing builtin like RoR, template tags and
an additional views file named ajax_views.py keep everything pretty
manageable.

Cheers,
Stephen