[Chicago] next meeting talk- topic request

Feihong Hsu hsu.feihong at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 6 21:24:12 CET 2007

I talked to my boss about hosting chipy meetings.  She was very amenable to the idea, but told me that to convince the higher-ups I would have to justify it through the viewpoint of "business reasons".  Has anyone else had to go through this kind of process to convince their company to host a user's group meeting?

FYI, we are about 5 blocks from the Google office, on the corner of Franklin and Wacker Dr.

- Feihong

Scott Zibble <zibble at gmail.com> wrote: It looks like Thursday's meeting is still a little light on presentation topics.

Does anyone want to step up and give a talk on... well, anything?

Also, I realize this is very late, but does anyone have a venue they could arrange on such short notice?  While I should be able to offer up 180 N. La Salle in most instances, I'm going to be in New York for most of this week.  And arranging security details while offsite will be difficult.

http://mail.yahoo.com