[Chicago] next meeting talk- topic request

Alex McFerron hamcferron at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 7 15:07:38 CET 2007

I don't think it matters so much that it is a python group, maybe say it is a programming group.

  We all know different languages and have skills in more than just python.

  Under these circumstances, I would pitch it this way.

  Good luck.  Thanks for trying.

Feihong Hsu <hsu.feihong at yahoo.com> wrote:
  Yes, we do use it at work but when I say "we" I mostly mean "me". This would be easier if there were more developers here using Python. So I've got to come up with some persuasive arguments for doing it, while also acknowledging that we don't really have a lot of Python developers. It's kind of this chicken and egg problem I have here.  Maybe it really comes down to convincing the business types that Python is something we're going to be using a lot of down the road.  Which I don't think is an easy thing to do.

- Feihong