[Chicago] BARcamp Update

Jason Rexilius jason at hostedlabs.com
Wed Nov 7 21:12:36 CET 2007

Hi Everyone!

   So its been a while since BARcamp Chicago 2007 and wanted to update
everyone on a bunch of stuff..

   OK, so first, Keith Schacht of ChicagoBeta/JobCoin/Facebook App fame
had set up a free public job board for ChicagoBeta and BARcamp Chicago
communities.  There have been a few postings there (including a few from
my company ;-) ) and wanted to let everyone know that its free to all
and available.  Check it out, post your jobs, etc.:

http://barcampbeta.jobcoin.com/

   Next up, we have some very cool events coming up this month.  These
are great places to meet other start-ups, smart people and, do as I do,
get drunk off of free booze.. ;-)

Thu Nov 8th 8:00am - Early Stage Marketplace:
http://www.chicagolandchamber.org/sub/event_calendar_detail.asp?EVE_ID=930

Thu Nov 8th 5pm - Songza Launch Party (Aza and Humanized gang presented
at BARcamp):
http://www.songza.com/

Tue Nov 13th 6:15pm - MIT-EF Breakthrough Computer Interfaces (Aza
again.. man he gets around ;-) ):
http://www.mitefchicago.org/dojo/18/v.jsp?p=/home

Thu Nov 15th 6:30pm - The great TECHcocktail 6! (bet you Aza will be there):
http://www.techcocktail.com/blog/

   Also, thanks to Henry Lee of Transwestern, we may have a very good
venue for BARcamp next year.  Connect with me or the BARcamp organizer
list at LUNI to get involved!

   Lastly, I wanted to get feedback from all of you on something a lot
of people asked for in the past.  Should we have 2 BARcamps a year,
spring and fall, rather than 1 in the summer?

Email me back with a vote or thoughts.  How many BARcamps per year? 1 or 2?

   Looking forward to seeing you all soon and hope this years been great
for everyone!

-jason