[Chicago] MacBook Pro

Isaac Csandl nerkles at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 15:15:53 CET 2007

On Nov 11, 2007, at 11:23 PM, Patrick O'Hara wrote:

> okay i will
> thank you.
> Jason

Leopard's Disk Utility can do some minor resizing, but it's not very
flexible. The only thing I know of that will let you resize partitions
on a Mac any way you want, non-destructively, is iPartition, which is
not free, unfortunately, but it works very well (it's around $45
IIRC). Currently you have to run it from Tiger, but it will safely
resize Leopard-containing partitions and boot camp partitions, etc.
They say they'll have a version that runs in Leopard soon.

Note: it doesn't work with SoftRAID.

I've heard tell of people using a Linux installer CD and parted, but
can't vouch for its handling of Apple's partitioning scheme or HFS+...
anybody actually tried it?

--isaac