[Chicago] survey: have you ever been sent to training

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Wed Nov 14 05:25:11 CET 2007

I am wondering how often people go to a conference that are new to the
conference is about.  This will help get a feel for how most most is in:

"as most Pycon attendees are already Python programmers."

I am sure than over 50% know python.  probably even 80%.  But given the number
of "I don't know python" issues that come with django, I would not be surprised
if 10% of the attendees show up at PyCon to learn Python.

Especially if it is advertised that there will be some sessions where someone
can "Learn Python."

Back in the 1900's, the PHB I worked for decided Delphi was the way to go.  So
we spent a few days being taught Delphi.  I think if there had been a Delphi
conference, good chance we would have been sent, even before our training.

So, how crazy would it be to try to squeeze into PyCon a Basic Python session or
Tutorial?

Carl K