[Chicago] Help with PyCon Talk Proposals

Catherine Devlin catherine.devlin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 10:10:31 CET 2007

On Nov 14, 2007 12:22 AM, Feihong Hsu <hsu.feihong at yahoo.com> wrote:

> In a way, a Python/.NET integration talk might be a better choice than
> "Python for C# programmers" because this would directly target C#
> programmers who have already decided to learn Python, but who don't yet
> understand all the snags that result from the differences between the two
> platforms. Again, I'm not sure about how many people could really be
> interested in this.

Please submit this!  Most of the IronPython documentation is aimed at
people who are thoroughly familiar with .NET.  I've never found any
good resources for somebody who's approaching .NET for the first time
as a Python programmer.  It's so bad that I'm trying to find time to
take a C# class and do some practice projects in C#, purely so I can
discard the C# and get enough understanding of .NET to really
understand its use in IronPython.  I doubt my situation's unique; with
new possibilities like programming browser applications in IronPython
with Silverlight

In general, I hope all of you are thinking about what you can submit.
It's all well and good to write up a wish list, but we are the only
Santa who can come sliding down the chimney with it!  You never know
what the selection committee will take unless you submit it, and they
need plenty of options to make good choices and a good conference.
--
- Catherine
http://catherinedevlin.blogspot.com/