[Chicago] Restaurant recommendations for PyCon...

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Sat Nov 24 20:41:35 CET 2007

I didn't add Northside restaurants because I wasn't sure that anyone
would take the trouble to go there, but to amend fitz's list--I would
remove Pizza D.O.C. and perhaps add Spacca Napoli.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/0fFLUKl71vv3eNV2xhikEw

I've only been to it a few times, so I cannot whole heartedly
recommend it, but the neopolitan style I had at Pizza DOC was drowned
in gooey cheese.

I would also add Fiddlehead Cafe http://www.yelp.com/biz/Ykiz1UT9SO5u-y8nqDTy4A

The place is amazing. Try teh blood orange salad. The wine list is
compeletly wonderful and you can order flights. I normally do not
whole heartedly enjoy the wine at a restaurant because I've usually
had better at the wine tastings I've been to, but these guys are
great.

They also have some brews from http://www.unibroue.com/

On Nov 24, 2007 12:18 AM, Brian W. Fitzpatrick <fitz at red-bean.com> wrote:
> On Nov 21, 2007 10:31 AM,  <skip at pobox.com> wrote:
> > Folks,
> >
> > I'm looking for restaurant recommendations for this page on the PyCon
> > website:
> >
> >     http://us.pycon.org/2008/chicago/restaurants/
> >
> > I've seeded it with a few restaurants I am familiar with or which seem like
> > good bets (Gale Street Inn was recommended by a colleague at work, Amitabul
> > has a five-star rating on Metromix), but I could use more, especially
> > anything good near the conference hotel.  If you have any recommendations,
> > send them along to me, preferrably with an address and phone number so I can
> > reliably find them on the net.
>
> http://www.red-bean.com/fitz/restaurants.shtml
>
> Addresses and phone numbers included. :-)
>
> -Fitz

sheila