[Chicago] Short-term web app job...

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Tue Oct 9 17:42:26 CEST 2007

(Replies off-list please...)

We're looking for some help implementing a visual people finder for our
company intranet.  Click on a cube or office displayed in a plan view of the
office and a number of bits of info about the denizen of that cube pops up
(name, phone, email, picture, etc).  Hover and you'll see a minimalist view
(name, phone).

It's not required that the functionality be implemented in MoinMoin, but it
should be written in something we can maintain in the long run.  For us that
pretty much means Python (as opposed to PHP or RubyOnRails).  The data are
in a MySQL database, so that's a highly useful skill as well.  Within the
Python web app space we're pretty flexible.  Our current intranet technology
is just a MoinMoin wiki.  If you know your stuff I imagine this should be a
short-term project.  I have no idea if it's a one-off or if it might lead to
more work.

Local candidates only.  No recruiters please.

Thanks,

--
Skip Montanaro - skip at pobox.com - http://www.webfast.com/~skip/