[Chicago] Free associations and Re: [OT] recruiter spam?

Martin Maney maney at two14.net
Fri Oct 12 18:46:34 CEST 2007

On Fri, Oct 12, 2007 at 12:02:08PM -0400, Peter Harkins wrote:
> Any other recent posters to the ChiPy list hear from a recruiter about
> an "AWESOME" but otherwise totally un-elaborated-upon Chicago position?

I'm not 100% certain about the "AWESOME" part, but there was an
off-list, vaguely described recruitment email that mentioned Python
recently, yes.  I think that exhausts everything I might rememebr about
it, as it went very quickly to the place that such trash belongs, and
is no longer accessible here at all, at all.

BTW, and thinking of the recent discussion, I see you still have a very
typical blog, with nasty teeny body text (sized in pixels, for all
that's silly!) and lots of useless, blog-standard whitespace making the
text a fairly narrow column.  Firebug made it pretty simple to find the
offending CSS (font-size in body, width in #primary .primary), and with
those disabled it no longer looks so stylish - a style which
unavoidably makes me think of a poor student trying to hide the fact
that he has far less to say than the assignment required.  I know, it's
an inapproriate response in this context, but that's free associations
for ya...

So in this recent context that got me thinking that if Firebug and
greasemonkey were a little bit integrated, this fixing silly formatting
in web pages thing might seem more worth the effort... assuming I read
any blogs more often than every once in a while anyhow.

--
Remember the refrain:  We always build on the past;
the past always tries to stop us.  Freedom is about stopping the past,