[Chicago] Let's talk organization

Chris McAvoy chris.mcavoy at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 18:38:00 CEST 2007

Hi All,

So, our organization-less organization system failed last month.

I'm not as available as I used to be to take care of some of the down
and dirty details of ChiPy.  In the past, other folks have stepped up,
and we've been alright.  However, in recent months, its becoming
harder and harder to identify who's responsible for getting all the
paperwork together for a meeting.

So.

What do we do?

We tried having sign ups for individual meeting planning, but that
sort of didn't work.

I'm proposing that we consider creating a BDFSM, the benevolent
dictator for six months.  A six month "officer" who is responsible for
all ChiPy meeting planning business for a period of six months, or six
meetings.  Making it a teeny bit more formal breaks my hippy heart,
but I think it's good for a few reasons:

1) It's easier to plan six meetings than it is one meeting.

2) We know who to go to, we only have to figure out who to go to once
every six months.

3) The BDFSM gets some nice resume candy.

What say ye?

Chris