[Chicago] next meeting talk- topic request

Kumar McMillan kumar.mcmillan at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 17:59:25 CEST 2007

On 10/25/07, Cosmin Stejerean <cstejerean at gmail.com> wrote:
> I could give a quick overview of py.test
>
> - Cosmin

As a core developer on nose [1], I reckon I'd have to meet this
friendly challenge and present an overview on nose, a similar
discovery-based unit test runner for python :)

(or ... steel cage fight?)

Seriously though, 0.10 was just released and nose has stabilized quite
a bit and grown much better plugin support, which is something that
everyone should know about so they can get involved in our little
plugin community!

As for the basics of unit testing, I am hesitant to say I'd cover this
comprehensively (unless there was an overwhelming majority asking for
it) but I can certainly try to give a lightning overview, along with
that vs. functional and integration testing.

"advanced" talk on nose to compliment what may be an intro talk on it
given by the author, Jason Pellerin (from Ann Arbour);  we obviously
need to work out who, what, where, why, etc.)

Anyone else for a py.test / nose face-off?

[1]  http://somethingaboutorange.com/mrl/projects/nose/