[Chicago] Python Job posting

Kumar McMillan kumar.mcmillan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 19:51:33 CEST 2007

On 9/24/07, Adam Jenkins <emperorcezar at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Physical Demands:
> >
> > Physical demands required of this position may include extensive computer
> and telephone usage.  The position may also require extended periods of
> sitting.
> Holy crap, how long of a day are we talking here?

That's just legal verbiage translating to : "you go to work and sit at
a computer to write code.  you get up for coffee and snacks, meetings,
occasional game of Carcasonne, lunch, etc, then go back to your desk
and type code."

As opposed to :

Physical Demands:
*Sitting for extended periods of time
*Consistently lift 50lbs during delivery routes unassisted, and up to
150lbs assisted.

PS.  feel free to email me off the list for a developer's perspective
of the job but send all resumes to Doug.  We do most things in python
and contribute to a few open source projects, like nose, django,
fixture.  We even use paste and pylons to spice things up.  woo.