[Chicago] Census?

Brian Sobolak sobolak at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 01:06:04 CEST 2007

On 9/26/07, Chris McAvoy <chris.mcavoy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Any thoughts on how to quantify these sorts of questions is welcome

Ask Craig and his list?

Obtained by entering the search terms below on chicago.craigslist.org

Django:  5 results
Python:  45 results
PHP: 360 results.  (Apparently Playboy needs PHP developers.)
Ruby: 55 results
Rails: 29 results.

Obviously there is a lot of crap in the numbers.  Quite a few of the
PHP listings are crap ("Teach English in South Korea!" probably
doesn't have much to do PHP).  And some jobs will be double-counted.

Nevertheless, I'd argue that they are a rough description of the
answer I'd give to your questions.  Ruby/Rails seems to be popular
more with web designers who want easy dynamic sites and this has a bit
more traction than Python does. YMMV.

brian

Brian Sobolak
http://www.planetshwoop.com/