[Chicago] Census?

Marty.Murphy at na.manpower.com Marty.Murphy at na.manpower.com
Fri Sep 28 16:39:48 CEST 2007

Hi Tim,

I am recruiting for one of my better clients in the North Suburbs.  They
are paying upwards of 120k for talented Python Developers.  Please let me
know if you or anyone else in the UserGroup is interested in hearing more.
 Thanks!

Marty Murphy
Professional Placement Consultant

Manpower Professional
20 N. Wacker Dr Suite 3030
Chicago, Illinois 60606  USA
T: +1 312.263.3907
F: +1 312.263.5628
C: +1 312.848.9843
 www.manpowerprofessional.com

"Tim Ottinger"
Sent by: chicago-bounces at python.org

09/28/2007 09:29 AM
Please respond to
The Chicago Python Users Group <chicago at python.org>

"The Chicago Python Users Group" <chicago at python.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [Chicago] Census?

I'm an experienced python developer, TDD/Agile methodology coach/trainer,
moderately well-known OO "guru" (so-called in the past by others), have
been programming for 28 years now. I don't have any Django or Rails
experience.  Most of my experience has been off-web, not web dev.

Your question doesn't take people like me into consideration.  If the
price was right (I'm not cheap) I would love to work in Python for a
living again (preferably in some Unix-alike).  In fact, now that you've
asked these questions I'm going to march off and do some web.py and django
stuff.

My question is what kinds of wages people are willing to pay for that kind
of work.  I'm sure it isn't quite like my consulting pay, but I must admit
to curiosity.

And no, that doesn't help with your homework.

tim