[Chicago] Google App engine is python powered

Chris McAvoy chris.mcavoy at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 18:50:44 CEST 2008

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 11:40 AM, Ian Bicking <ianb at colorstudy.com> wrote:

>  Not I.  I got an enigmatic invitation to the announcement, but lacking
>  any context I didn't pay much attention to it.

Enigmatic invites are cooler than straight up invites.  Congrats on
the virtual backpat from the Uncle Goog.

>  I'm pretty stoked, though.  Python can finally take on PHP -- a far more
>  worthy competitor than stupid Java.

Indeed.   It's a pretty exciting time.  I'm still not entirely sure
what to make of the new sql-free-stack that Amazon and Google are
buying into.  It makes me nervous.  LAMP, in all it's wondrous forms
has been such a rock in my web-life for the past few years, that this
new PARADIGM sort of makes me wet my pants.

If the future is schema-lite db's, cloud controllers and sandboxes,
I'm ok with it...but someone is going to have to hold my hand.  And
get me clean underpants.

Chris