[Chicago] Chance to try out AppEngine (and make my life easier)

Massimo Di Pierro mdipierro at cs.depaul.edu
Wed Apr 9 19:33:33 CEST 2008

 From wikipedia: "Extortion, outwresting, or exaction is a criminal
offense, which occurs when a person either unlawfully obtains money,
property or services from a person, entity, or institution through
coercion or intimidation or threatens a person, entity, or
institution with physical or reputational harm unless he is paid
money or property."

Not giving you something that is mine for free is not the same as
taking something that is yours.

I am just preventing people from using my work to promote other
frameworks.

I am being protective.
You would be surprised by how much unfair opposition I am facing.
I made something, made it free, and people complain as if I had taken
something from them.
I won the rumble and they have not even listed web2py as a
participant. If a different framework had want it will be all over
the places.
At PyCon I had to use the Open Space because my talk was rejected by
4 reviewers on the basis "we do not need another framework".
I published on the top 4 refereed physics journals and I have never
been rejected with an excuse so lame.
There is one guy that goes around posting blogs against web2py
without ever giving a reason why
(I know who he is and I know he is upset I did not include his
package, he not on this list).

On my side I am trying to be nice to everybody, just promoting my
work, never denigrating other people's work.

Massimo