[Chicago] April Meeting Notice Draft

bray at sent.com bray at sent.com
Wed Apr 9 20:26:56 CEST 2008

On Wed, 9 Apr 2008 13:07:23 -0500, skip at pobox.com said:

>     bray> Ian will overview App Engine. If we have time, lets share some
>     bray> Frame Hacks in a casual random non-sponser lighting talk
>     manner.
>
> What are "frame hacks"?  You web types speak a whole 'nuther language
> from us normal folk. ;-)

This may be our own invention. Perhaps the terms source comes from going
down a call stack and modifying things, when possible. Or generally, it
seems to also mean Frame-work Hacks. For instance taking object code and
doing something not-traditionally done like reverse engineering. I do
not think its meant to be a best practice or serious topic. Moreso, it
may be educational and occasionally useful for some unusual situations.
Perhaps, we should give a do not try this at home disclaimer.

-- Brian Ray