[Chicago] OT Dedicate Server

Jason Abate jason at panopta.com
Fri Apr 11 15:53:26 CEST 2008

If you're looking for an unmanaged server, I'd strong recommend
SoftLayer.  I've got several servers with them running Turbogears apps
and have been very impressed.  They've got great infrastructure,
including a private network between their datacenters in Dallas and
Seattle that you can use for backup or data replication, a control panel
that lets you do pretty much anything you'd need (OS reloading, serial
console access, etc.), plus their prices are quite competitive.  I
worked in the hosting industry for 8 years and saw lots of companies cut
corners and overlook things (especially for dedicated hosting), but
SoftLayer seems to have done things the right way.

They're not currently SAS-70 certified, but just started the process -
see http://www.softlayer.com/press_2008_04_01.html for details
(unfortunately released on 4/1, but I think that's just a coincidence).

-jason

--
Jason Abate
Panopta | We see it all