[Chicago] Better than Python?

Atul Varma varmaa at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 00:20:03 CEST 2008

Regarding the concept of extending the Python with new concurrency models,
language features, and so on, I think that one of the most interesting
projects out there is PyPy, which allows for features from other languages
to be "ported over" to Python relatively easily.  Granted, last I looked
PyPy wasn't in a state where it was terribly easy for anyone outside of its
core development team to do this; but over the past year or two, one major
way I've learned about interesting features of other languages has been by
seeing them experimentally ported over to Python through PyPy.  It's a great
way to preserve Python's user-friendliness while still getting some amount
of innovation at the language level.

- Atul