[Chicago] Better than Python?

Martin Maney maney at two14.net
Mon Apr 14 02:23:16 CEST 2008

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 04:22:35PM -0500, John Jacobsen wrote:
> I would like to see a language with Python's readability and library
> support, with the speed(*) and expressive power of Lisp added in.

I have the liveliest suspicion that that readability and powerful
macros facilities are fundamentally incompatible.  It's about having
enough fixed and immutable structure to give you your bearings in a sea
of as-yet unfamiliar code...

And I've always wondered why Lisp hasn't long had killer library
support - it's surely been around long enough, one would think.
Something keeps running its batteries down?

--
The people who are serious in the open source world
don't really think that making money is an evil process.