[Chicago] web2py on appengine
Massimo Di Pierro
mdipierro at cs.depaul.edu
Tue Apr 22 06:52:23 CEST 2008
Here is a version of web2py that works on appengine
if and only if....
1) you do not use the web2py ORM, you can use the appengine one
2) you do not use admin (since you cannot edit files)
3) you do not use cache.disk (same reason as before)
4) you do not use sessions (response.session_id=None)
5) you do not bytecode compile applications
then visit: http://127.0.0.1:8080/welcome
While this works on the appengine we are running tests to make sure
we did not break anything else on "other" platforms.
We are also working on porting the web2py ORM to the appengine which
should be trivial. As soon as this is done this will go in trunk.
More information about the Chicago