[Chicago] help from Django and Pylons developers

Massimo Di Pierro mdipierro at cs.depaul.edu
Mon Apr 28 20:05:37 CEST 2008

Thank you Ian,

I think I incorporated almost all of your suggestions too although I
do not think that using FileApp for streaming is quite as easy as the
web2py.

I have never a Pylons example for connecting to multiple databases.
Would you mind posting an example?

About bytecode compilation. Send me a working Pylons bytecode
compiled application (including bytecode compiled models, views and
controllers) and the step you took to make it and I will believe you.

Yes all bytecode compiled code can be decompiled (this is true for
Java and ASP as well) but for some people it is important. In the
case of web2py there are two reasons for it: 1) speed, there is no
more template parsing with bytecode compiled apps, 2) you are not
explicitly giving away the source code (if you decompile you do not
get exactly the same original code).

Massimo