[Chicago] SCons

Garrett Smith g at rrett.us.com
Wed Aug 13 20:29:49 CEST 2008

I briefly looked at it, but it felt too hard-wired for Python builds and installations. I'm looking for a broader starting point and didn't feel like digging into disutils to make it work that way. Maybe it's easy though. Sounds like Kumar might have some specifics on this point.

----- "curtin at acm.org" wrote:

Just curious -- is there something particularly wrong with using distutils.core?

Garrett, I haven't used SCons but I looked at a bunch of similar tools briefly: