[Chicago] brain todo list

Christopher Allan Webber cwebber at dustycloud.org
Mon Aug 25 15:12:03 CEST 2008

bray at sent.com writes:

> 5. post the movies I made.
>
> Ummm, the amature home-made ones or the ones of the ChiPy meetings.
> ping me on irc about this. :D

I have been thinking about this... as I mentioned in the last meeting,
I've been working on Miro a lot lately, and have really been enjoying
downloading video feeds.  I think it would be great if we had a ChiPy
channel.

However, YouTube's quality sucks, and Vimeo's terms of service are not
as nice (IIRC) and more importantly they don't let you download the
actual videos, only stream them.  I've recently become quite fond of
http://blip.tv ... and they're a lot more open source friendly than
YouTube is.

I'd love to be able to have a ChiPy channel that people could subscribe
to in Miro/iTunes/whatever.  Would be great to have an archive of our
meetings, as well as providing a convenient feed for people who have
left the area to keep up with meetings, as we've gotten requests for
that.

Plus, we've been talking about how to attract more people to our
meetings.  What better way than to actually provide high-quality Python
content on these internets?