[Chicago] next meeting: Ruby/Python Language Comparison?

Brian Ray bray at sent.com
Tue Dec 2 05:18:04 CET 2008

On Dec 1, 2008, at 9:29 PM, Sean Corbett wrote:

> Any interest in bringing the two Chicago language user groups
> together for a comparison?

I was not considering that.   I wanted only *one* of the presentations
to be roughly comparing Ruby. And want it to be done by someone who
can be very professional. It is not like I flame war would not be fun,
it is just not what I want this time. We could dedicate some other
month meeting to a real slap down.... later.

We have a pretty strong following right not by those using Python for
some things where they will never have the opportunity nor desire to
look at other languages. We need to have the other two or so ChiPy
Presentation cover those interests. The other topics would probably be
very different. Not really that language specific, but more focused on
a particular Python project.

Sean, are you offering to present? Are you an un-biased authority on
both languages? Someone who can show the good sides of both without
getting carried away? This is what I am looking for. Anyone else?
Bueller  ? Bueller  ?

-- Brian Ray