[Chicago] python 3.0 hep

Phil Robare verisimilidude at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 14:48:16 CET 2008

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 10:16 AM, Pete <pfein at pobox.com> wrote:

> On Dec 4, 2008, at 8:50 AM, Craig Petty wrote:
>>
>> Did i  get python 2.6 on my laptop the right way i know i didn't overwrite
>> it.
>
> How the heck are we supposed to know?  It's your laptop.
>
> Seriously, part of being a programmer is "try it & see if it works".  Try
> it.
Come on guys, we're supposed to be a friendly helpful group here - if
a little tough around the edges.
Craig, you're on the bleeding edge trying to get a Py3K install built
and running.  I don't know if anyone here is also attempting that, but
I thing what Pete is saying is that this early in the cycle bad
scripts are part of the process.  If you need to get something 3.0
ready you might try running the Windows pre-build under Wine, or
(gasp) on a Windoze box.