[Chicago] T3

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Fri Dec 5 21:45:53 CET 2008

DiPierro, Massimo wrote:
>> Why .tar for plugins and not .tar.gz or .tar.bz2 or .zip?
>
> yes, I should add the option to understand other zip formats. It would be great if you could send me a patch.

Ah, a few too many projects on my plate ;)  .tar.gz/bz2 is easy, there's
a mode argument that will gunzip it.  zip is harder.

>> Search doesn't work for me.
>
> Which search? could you send me more details?

When I install it locally I get a link in the menu to:
http://127.0.0.1:8000/mysite/default/search

That page maybe only searches titles?  I would expect bodies.

>> I like that errors in the templates are localized.  I'll have to try doing that myself (in PickyWiki the whole page dies if there's any
> problems in any template, which is lame if you have non-programmers editing code).
>
> The forms and errors are generated automatically so non-programmers only see things like {{=form}} or {{=self.create(db.table)}}

I was noting if you do something like {{=1/0}} it will put an error in
that position in the template, but the whole page won't refuse to render.

--
Ian Bicking : ianb at colorstudy.com : http://blog.ianbicking.org