[Chicago] T3

DiPierro, Massimo MDiPierro at cs.depaul.edu
Fri Dec 5 21:53:02 CET 2008

> >> Search doesn't work for me.
> >
> > Which search? could you send me more details?

> When I install it locally I get a link in the menu to:
> http://127.0.0.1:8000/mysite/default/search

> That page maybe only searches titles?  I would expect bodies.

It should search both title and body. I will look.

> >> I like that errors in the templates are localized.  I'll have to try doing that myself (in PickyWiki the whole page dies if there's any
> > problems in any template, which is lame if you have non-programmers editing code).
> >
> > The forms and errors are generated automatically so non-programmers only see things like {{=form}} or {{=self.create(db.table)}}

> I was noting if you do something like {{=1/0}} it will put an error in
> that position in the template, but the whole page won't refuse to render.

In web2py if there is an error, the page does not render and you get a ticket. T2 does not use web2py templates. It only allows you to embed components. Each cmponent has its own MVC design. If you insert {{=1/0}} it treats the expressions as a trivial component. If a component fails, the rest of the page still renders, only the component reports the error. It is designed that way. Perhaps there should be an optional flag that says if there is any error redirect to....

Massimo

--
Ian Bicking : ianb at colorstudy.com : http://blog.ianbicking.org