[Chicago] Venue for January's special P3K meeting is Roosevelt University's Auditorium Building

Martin Maney maney at two14.net
Sat Dec 13 16:31:04 CET 2008

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 04:55:30PM -0600, Brian Ray wrote:
> We are working on arrangements to stream the content internationally to
> ChiPy member abroad. It sounds like the test last night worked. Good job
> Carl!

Carl did nice work, though there were a few odd issues - the firewire
connection to the camera just went away once that I saw, and Ted was
having difficulties at least a good part of the time.  I was amazed by
what VLC did when Carl intentionally "bounced" the stream at one
point - had no idea it was buffering everything and could rewind back
to the beginning again after it spawned another window for the new
stream.

But it was quite watchable.

--
In the details, the lovely details, the devil sleeps tonight!