[Chicago] Venue for January's special P3K meeting is Roosevelt University's Auditorium Building

Martin Maney maney at two14.net
Sat Dec 13 16:31:04 CET 2008

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 04:55:30PM -0600, Brian Ray wrote:
> We are working on arrangements to stream the content internationally to
> ChiPy member abroad. It sounds like the test last night worked. Good job
> Carl!

Carl did nice work, though there were a few odd issues - the firewire
connection to the camera just went away once that I saw, and Ted was
having difficulties at least a good part of the time.  I was amazed by
what VLC did when Carl intentionally "bounced" the stream at one
point - had no idea it was buffering everything and could rewind back
to the beginning again after it spawned another window for the new

But it was quite watchable.

In the details, the lovely details, the devil sleeps tonight!