[Chicago] Language comparisons

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Thu Dec 18 19:41:02 CET 2008

Lately I have gone on a kick writing a talk aimed at teaching people how to read
Python.  has nothing to do with preforming any tasks, just the nitty gritty
syntax that you see when you look at python code.   It is a spin off of "The
Python that makes Python Python" which is similar material, but took too long.
The whole thing is done at the >>> prompt, and it builds on itself: introduce a
list, then slicing, then iterating.

Skimming over the basic syntax I think gives people a good foundation for
learning the language, and is the most efficient use of a single session.

So it *might* be a good target for getting a grip on other languages.  No clue
if it is what we want - someone else can figure that out.

Carl K