[Chicago] sockets Question

Martin Maney maney at two14.net
Sun Dec 28 08:23:04 CET 2008

On Sat, Dec 27, 2008 at 09:55:53PM -0500, Pete wrote:

>> No, too non-seq.  Knuth has never written anything about C or Python
>> that I can think of; nor about socket programming, come to think of
>> it.

> Umm, tell that to Tim Peters: http://www.amk.ca/quotations/python-quotes/page-10

Context, Pete.

  Professor Knuth's masterful work on the topics of sorting and
  searching spans some 800 pages of sophisticated technical text.  In
  Python practice, we reduce it to two imperatives (we read Knuth so
  you don't have to):

  * When you need to sort, find a way to use the built-in sort method
    of Python lists

  * When you need to search, find a way to use built-in dictionaries.

--
If there is a lesson to be learnt from Adobe's eBook
fiasco, it is that litigation is no substitute for