[Chicago] Flourish! 2008 conference at UIC - April 4 and 5

Lukasz Szybalski szybalski at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 18:09:29 CET 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Roberto Serrano <ohrock at gmail.com>
Date: Feb 4, 2008 10:32 AM
Subject: Re: [Chicago] Fwd: [UIC-LUG] Flourish! 2008 conference at UIC
- April 4 and 5
To: ACM at listserv.uic.edu

As far as flourish conference goes:

Three things that I can think of that chi py could contribute: ( look
at the website for a more detail description)

  - A team from django,Turbogears (or another python framework) to
compete in the WAFD Rumble
  - Python speaker would be great
  - If any project/developer from the python community is interested
in the hackathon, they are welcome to talk to us.

Main site:
http://www.flourishconf.com
WAFD Rumble:
 -http://www.flourishconf.com/flourish2008/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13&Itemid=30#WAFDRumble
Hackathon:
 -http://www.flourishconf.com/flourish2008/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13&Itemid=30

Or you can show off your open source project at:
Flourish Mini-expo

Thank you for your help!
You can send email to info at flourishconf.com or email Roberto Serrano
<ohrock at gmail.com> directly.

Lucas

> On Jan 26, 2008 7:42 AM, Martin Maney <maney at two14.net> wrote:
> > On Fri, Jan 25, 2008 at 09:46:57AM -0600, Lukasz Szybalski wrote:
> > > FYI.
> > > Maybe some Chicago based project want to get invlolved.
> >
> > Which reminds me that some of the folks behind Flourish were talking
> > about having something like a bake-off if they could get participants
> > from Django, Rails, PHP (?), ... communities.  Or did I in fact pass
> > that along here back when it was fresh in my mind and have forgotten I
> > did so?  MLAS...
> >
> > --
> > Some people, when confronted with a problem, think
> > "I know, I'll use regular expressions."
> > Now they have two problems  -- Jamie Zawinski

> Vehicle Information Number. Check for Authentic VIN
> http://lucasmanual.com/vin
> TurboGears from start to finish:
> http://www.lucasmanual.com/mywiki/TurboGears

message body.