[Chicago] web2py 1.20 is out

Cosmin Stejerean cstejerean at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 04:15:22 CET 2008

I'm not going to argue but I really like Pylons. Maybe not quite as heavily
utilized in the wild as Zope or Django but worth taking a look at. I don't
particularly like Mako so I use Pylons + Genshi.

I didn't like some of the early design choices of Django.
I dislike TG's heavy use of function decorators (and heard rumors of moving
to converge with Pylons)
For some reason I never liked Zope (and I actually hate Plone)

RoR is a different beast for a different mailing list.

- Cosmin

On Feb 4, 2008 9:07 PM, Jon Sudlow <jsudlow at gmail.com> wrote:

> With all these frameworks out, which one should you use. I'm swamped with
> Django, Ruby on Rails, Turbo Gears, Zope/Plone, when does it end???
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions or experience to argue one framework over
> another?
>

> On Feb 4, 2008 8:27 PM, Massimo Di Pierro <mdipierro at cs.depaul.edu> wrote:
>
> > web2py 1.20 is out.
> >
> >       www.web2py.com
> >
> > New features include the inclusion of a web based testing framework -
> > a screenshot is here:
> >
> >       http://web2py.googlegroups.com/web/test.tiff
> >
> > pyamf howto, rest support, handler for lighttpd/fcgi, WIKI helper,
> > etc. AND it is always backward compatible.
> >
> > The source code is also on
> >
> >      code.google.com/p/web2py
> >
> > Here are a dozen of ready made applications which you can install
> > from the web interface.
> >
> >     http://mdp.cti.depaul.edu/appliances
> >
> > Massimo

> Jon Sudlow