[Chicago] web2py 1.20 is out

Tom Tobin korpios at korpios.com
Tue Feb 5 04:40:16 CET 2008

On 2/4/08, Jon Sudlow <jsudlow at gmail.com> wrote:
> With all these frameworks out, which one should you use. I'm swamped with
> Django, Ruby on Rails, Turbo Gears, Zope/Plone, when does it end???
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions or experience to argue one framework over
> another?

Everyone's just going to toss their favorite into the ring, you know.  ;-)

I like Django enough to be on my second full-time job working with it;
I first moved from New York to work at the Lawrence Journal-World in
Kansas (yes, I liked it *that much*), and I'm now with The Onion here
in Chicago.  In almost every case, Django's design decisions "fit my
brain" in the same fashion as Python itself.

The usual mantra applies, of course: YMMV, so try them out for yourself.  ^_^