[Chicago] web2py 1.20 is out

Massimo Di Pierro mdipierro at cs.depaul.edu
Tue Feb 5 06:28:59 CET 2008

There are many programming languages, there are many operating
systems, there are many linux distros, and there are many web
frameworks. Yet python is the best programming language, linux is the
best os, ubuntu is the best distro, web2py is the best framework.
Sorry, just kidding. The point I want to make is that some times
having a choice is good. Things evolve and are subject to artificial
selection by the users.

So far none of the big python frameworks has won the public as much
as Rails. I do not think this is because of Python vs Ruby. And I
also do not think that Rails is that great product, just easier to
use than most python frameworks.

Massimo