[Chicago] Django at The Onion

Tom Tobin korpios at korpios.com
Tue Feb 5 16:53:46 CET 2008

On 2/4/08, Carl Karsten <carl at personnelware.com> wrote:
> Oh, we so need to get 1200 copies of The Onion delivered to PyCon.  stuff it in
> all the bags.  (the bag stuffers will love me.)
>
> Can you make that happen?

I'm arranging to have a bunch of swag brought over for the Django
sprinters (shirts, a few copies of Our Dumb World to give away);
getting a bunch of print copies of the Onion newspaper shouldn't be
hard, as far as I know.  We *love* Django and Python.  ^_^

> Can you get a news crew to cover PyCon?
>
> Does Onion actually have crews?  (I kinda doubt it, but it seems like an
> undefined variable.)

No, they have writers.  ;-)  The comedy writers (for The Onion proper)
are in NYC, and the pop-culture reviewers (for the AV Club) are here
in Chicago.