[Chicago] web2py 1.20 is out

Jason Abate jason at panopta.com
Wed Feb 6 00:20:28 CET 2008

Massimo Di Pierro wrote:
> It is easy to ALTER + UPDATE any existing database to be compliant.

This is true as long as you don't have other applications that are
accessing the same underlying database - I've worked on several systems
where a new web front end was being built to run in parallel with
existing applications.  In this case, database schema modifications are
possible but much more involved.

I think this points to one of the benefits of the Python world when it
comes to web frameworks - there isn't a "one-size-fits-all" default
solution that everyone uses.  This means some fragmentation of the
community but solutions that better fit the specific problem you're
dealing with.

-jason

--
Jason Abate