[Chicago] PyCon BeerBoF

Ted Pollari tcp at mac.com
Wed Feb 6 22:27:06 CET 2008

On Feb 6, 2008, at 1:16 PM, Anthony Rubin wrote:

> In my mind there are only two choices if you want a good Chicago
> brewery: Piece and Goose Island. Piece actually has great beer, great
> New Haven style pizza and is close to the Damen blue line stop.

Piece had some of the worst pizza, worst beer and worst service I've
experienced.  I'd probably not attend if that was the venue...

I'd be a huge fan of hitting Goose Island, the Map Room, the Hopleaf,
or any other well established local pub.  If I had to pick one that
was emblematic of Chicago, it'd surely be Goose Island.  Both
locations aren't too far from train stops, so it'd be workable...

-t