[Chicago] Feb 14 ChiPy meeting

Feihong Hsu hsu.feihong at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 11 22:07:18 CET 2008

--- Carl Karsten <carl at personnelware.com> wrote:

> B) normally things come out of the woodwork.

Speaking of which, I would like to present some work I've been doing
with transforming my resume from YAML to various file formats (XML,
plaintext, HTML, ODT, PDF, RTF, MSWord). I'm not done coding it, but
I have done enough work that I could talk about certain things:

- Difference between YAML and XML, how to convert between them
- Various libraries that I used: PyYAML, Python UNO, Mako, Genshi,
lxml
- Genshi Vs XSLT in HTML generation
- Mako Vs XSLT in plaintext generation
- Internal structure of Open Office Writer format (ODT files)
- Creating documents based on templates created in Open Office

I could spin this talk a number of different ways, so if there's some
subtopic that people are especially interested in, let me know and I
can focus on that.