[Chicago] First time Pycon questions

Scott Nelson sirgnip at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 18:14:52 CET 2008

Greets...

I've lurked on ChiPy for awhile and am breaking my radio silence to
ask a question about PyCon08.  I'm thinking of attending this year and
one of the things I want to do is learn how Python is being used in
the Chicago area.  So, concrete questions:

#1 - Tips for meeting ChiPy people at ChiPy, in addition to BeerBoF?
#2 - Where do the informal, hanging out kinda things happen at PyCon?
Lightning Talks?  Open Space?  lunch?  hallway?
#3 - I remember reading somewhere that there is going to be a ChiPy
meeting the Thursday of PyCon?  Will this be at the Crowne Plaza?
#4 - The site mentions that people are hiring on the expo floor.  Can
someone give me an idea of the scope of this?  Is it just Google and
MS?  Or, are there more?

I'm askin' these questions because I've never been to PyCon and not
sure what to expect and I'm thinking about a career change (closer to
Python, edging away from c++) and figured PyCon would be a great way
to do some initial research.

Thanks for any tidbits you can throw my way...

-Scott