[Chicago] Address parser?

Sean Corbett stcorbett at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 22:50:28 CET 2008

Google's geocoding API is pretty solid as well.  There are many plugins for
Ruby and Rails, I imagine the same for Python.  You submit an address, it
returns the same addy 'normalized' to their format, with lat, lng, city,
state, zip, etc.  Some plugins offer multi geocoder support so that if
Google's dosen't work you fall back to Yahoo's.

I've been using Google's API for a few months on a production site to do
geocoding, I'd estimate < 1 request in 100 has problems.

-Sean Corbett