[Chicago] MPI in Python?

Massimo Di Pierro mdipierro at cs.depaul.edu
Wed Feb 27 17:16:25 CET 2008

If you need parallelization ,you care about speed. If you care about
speed use C/C++.
In C/C++ there are many libraries based on MPI that allow programming
at higher level (for example http://www.fermiqcd.net, despite the
pitch for physics it is actually very general for mesh based
algorithms).

You use threads on shared memory machines (like a SG), you use MPI on
distributed memory machines (like a cluster). There is really no choice.

Massimo