[Chicago] MPI in Python?

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Wed Feb 27 18:32:01 CET 2008

    Dan> What are you attempting to do with MPI? I write threaded C at work
    Dan> and its no big chore to use a few globals and locks to get things
    Dan> done.

Oh, sure, but I'm interested in using the 50 or 60 cpu cores I have
available when doing compute-intensive work, just what MPI should be good
for.  I like the threading API (or I should say I'm comfortable with it), so
extending it to a multiprocessing API would make for a small semantic leap
in my feeble brain.  If that sort of thing can be built on top of MPI, so
much the better.

Skip